Zetea is home to one of the largest churches in Székely Land, with a capacity of up to 2,000 people. Recently discovered stone carvings confirm that the settlement already had a stone church at the beginning of the 14th century. Despite several reconstructions and extensions over the centuries, the growth of the population made the construction of a new church necessary at the beginning of the 20th century.
The large church was built between 1912 and 1916 during the tenure of parish priest Mózes Sebestyén, based on the plans of Károly Haberstumpf. However, due to the difficulties caused by the war, its furnishing and consecration were delayed until 1923. The three-aisled Romanesque Revival church has an interior length of 54.40 metres, a width of 21.15 metres, and a height of 11.50 metres in the central nave. Its 45-metre-high tower houses three bells: the oldest was cast in 1784, while the other two were cast in 1925.
The most remarkable elements of its interior include the marble altars, baptismal font and mission cross created by the State Vocational School of Stonework and Ceramics in Odorheiu Secuiesc; the stained-glass windows of the sanctuary, made by József Palka in Budapest; the pulpit, decorated with images of the four Evangelists and the disbelief of Saint Peter; as well as the large-scale paintings of the Good Shepherd and the Virgin Mary.
The crypt of Mózes Sebestyén, the priest responsible for the construction of the church, is located in the sanctuary beneath the altar table. His full-length statue standing in front of the church was created by Walter Zavaczki and unveiled on 8 September 2025.